Jim says some destinies should not be delivered.
Favorite bands: Blue Oyster Cult, Therion, Sophistree, Cat Stevens, Arena, Mechanical Poet, Eternity-X, Marillion / Fish, Angra, Blind Guardian, UFO, RUSH, Savatage, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Doors, Nightwish, Queensryche, Threshold
||Other bands I like: Dream Theater, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Scorpions, Aztec Jade, Billy Squier, Kiss, Type O Negative, Black Sabbath, Pat Benatar, Lacuna Coil, Kamelot, Queen, Styx, Jimi Hendrix, Saga, Led Zepplin, Tom Petty, Mike Oldfield, AC-DC, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Jason Becker, Helloween, Flotsam & Jetsam, Metallica, Dokken, Edgar Winter, Wasp, DIO, DAD, Circus of Power, Ratt, Arcade, Motley Crue, Love-Hate, Theatre of Tragedy, Blondie, Berlin, Pertenders, and lot more I can't think of right now.
Things I like/do for unknown reasons:
- Rollerskating - Quote from a Rinkguard: "Man you're an awesome skater, you have weird feet". I used to skate in a precision team where we did team dance skating. Kind of like sychronized swimming, but with wheels instead of water.
- Movies - I like most movies but my favorites are Science Fiction and Comedy. I'm not much into TV. My favorite movies are Hedwig and the Angry Inch (How did that get here, it's not sci-fi!), Dark City, Netherworld, and the Matrix. I don't like movies with realistic violence such as Shindelers List or Saving Private Ryan (Nope, I haven't seen either).
- Art - My favorite artists are Luis Royo, Julie Bell, and Boris Vallejo. One of the reasons I liked Dark City so much was the richness of the Cinemagraphy. I used to be a 3D animator using Lightwave and Alias. For years I wanted to animate my favorite sci-fi series, the Chronicles of Amber. Too many dreams and not enough time.
- Playing music - When I lived in Florida I played bass in an orginal alternative band called Strangely Cultured Youth. I also play guitar and recently got a Kurtzweil "stage piano". My most recient toy is a Yamahaa 6 string bass.
- Reading Books - Science Fiction, Thrillers, Mysteries. My favorite authors are Roger Zelazny and Robert Heinlein. I also like Alan Dean Foster, Dean Koontz, and many many others.
- Listening to music - I like a lot of different music, but I'm not too fond of Country or Rap. Ok, I admit it, there are even some country and Rap songs I don't mind listening too. I come from a rather musical background, my parents are both opera singers and my mom is quite good at piano and violin. I just (try to) play my electric guitar and 5 string bass. I have also been writing lyrics lately. One of the reasons I like Marillion so much is the intensity of their lyrics. They're so vivid it's like they paint a picture for you, or rather, out of your emotions. Lyrics to my favorite Marillion Songs: Kayleigh, Fugazi. Lyrics to Savatage - Alone You Breathe. My music collection.
- Spending time with friends - Some of them live in Florida, some in Minnesota, and some in Northern California so it makes things tough.
- Animals - I love all animals, especially cats. I would love to have a cheetah for a pet. The problem is I don't have 10 miles for the bugger to excercise in. Maybe a big version of a hampster wheel rated at 70MPH would work.... I have chichillas for pets. They're awesome little things.
- Nature - There's something so peacefull about trees and plants without man made items obstructing the view. Frogs, turtles, and other wild critters are really cool. I think it sucks that humans have destroyed so much wilderness in the persuit of progress and $$$.
- Snowboarding - It's like skiing but with skating thrown in. Skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and photographs are the only good reasons for snow. Snow really sucks when you're lying in it fixing the car that broke solely because it's so cold. I mentioned I'm orginally from MinneSNOWta, right?
- Photography - I finally broke down and got a digital SLR and a flourite crystal lens. My record is 10,000 pictures taken in a little over a week. Nope, I still have not sorted them all yet.
My favorite foods are Middle Eastern and Thai. I love Hummus, Flafel, Baba Ghanoush, Baunjaun Bouranee,
and all the other unprounceable foods from those terrorist countries, especially Afghanstan.
I will try virtually everything at least a few times. I'm not a very picky eater and like most things, however, even I have limits; Burger King and MacDonalds.
I try to eat healthy foods if possible.
Home: Los Angeles, CA
It true that love can change us, but never quite enough
Unstable Condition, a Symptom of Life
The media sells it and you live the role
Info about my [old] band
Contact: Email - email@example.com,
AIM - Luckster777, Yahoo - sql42